01-01-2011, 06:38 AM
My name is Sue from Brighton uk and I want to start today. How can I get someone to help me begin?
01-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Suemolly,
My name is Diane and I am a food addiction who has been in FAA recovery for five years. I remain forever grateful. I came to FAA very, very broken in every possible way (physically scared to death for my life - weighing in close to 400 lbs., homebound and lacking mobility), emotionally depleted (remaining homebound and when going out I would take serious panic attacks), and did not know a thing about spirituality (the personal closeness with the God of my understanding).
I came to FAA in September of 2005 and became abstinent the FAA way on November 30th in 2005. The first thing I had to do was admit I was a food addict and that I was powerless over my disease of food addiction (step 1), then I had to understand that I needed the willingness to turn my disease over to a greater power (step 2) - whatever I was doing was not working and finally Step 3 - I had to surrender my will to the will and care of my God - the God of my understanding. I could not, He could and I needed to let Him (Steps 1, 2, and 3). I had to reach my bottom before I was able to fully surrender to those addictive foods. I remain forever grateful to the FAA fellowship.
I would lovingly suggest you do the following:
* Attend meetings (online, telephone, face to face (if possible), post on the FAA Loop and as you have done on the FAA Online Support - Learn from other loving food addicts;
* Read over and study the FAA food plan which is listed on the FAA website - Guide To Abstinence;
* Either call the FAA/WSO (561) 967-3871 or order online the Newcomer's Packet;
* Study this FAA website as much as time will allow - learn about FAA (For me, this food addict FAA saved my life.);
* Get a sponsor - If you would like to contact me via e-mail Queens4463@aol.com and I will help to get you started.
Do this for you - As I have learned in my FAA recovery program "It works if you work it and work because you are worth it" - one blessed day at a time.
I remain forever grateful for the FAA Fellowship,
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.