There were a few things I did regarding volume:
1) I feel very reassured when I weight and measure because I know that I'm not getting too much or too little food for my body and I trust it more than my appetite meter.
2) I make sure to get enough sleep
3) I drink water and, sometimes, herbal tea
4) I noticed that any amount of caffeine made me very hungry so I have NONE, not even decaf
5) I used the Kay Sheppard plan instead of FAA because I thought I would be too hungry without a grain at lunch. I also felt that some of the foods on FAA like puffed cereals and juices would be risky for me, particularly because they are not filling
6) I notice that greek plain yogurt is a lot more filling than some of the other dairy options (although later as I've worked my program I try to stay away from dairy as much)
7) If I'm thinking about food and I'm not hungry I ask myself "what would I be thinking about if I weren't thinking about food now?" Sometimes I know right away and sometimes I have to think about it or write about it for while.
8) I get to a phone meeting
I hope these ideas are helpful!
Ora food addict CO